Ibiza is so much more than beaches and parties. And August is perfect to discover all the things you can enjoy on the island during the summer. Whether travelling with kids, with your partner or with friends, read this post to find out about ten different plans to include them in your stay at the modern suites of Ibiza Sun Apartments. And get away from the beach for a while!
5 plans in Ibiza to enjoy near Playa d’en Bossa Beach
- Grab your binoculars and go to Ses Salines: visit the Ses Salines Natural Park Interpretation Centre, which is a few minutes’ drive from Ibiza Sun Apartments, and discover the natural wealth of this space. Depending on the time of year, you will see colonies of flamingos and other bird species such as black-winged stilts, Eleonora’s falcons, ospreys, cormorants and kestrels.
- Join a very artistic guided tour: at the Natural Park of Ses Salines you will also be able to visit the exhibition centre La Nave Salinas that organises free guided tours to make the most of the sample devoted to the modern videoartist Bill Viola. To book a place, simply send an email to email@example.com. Natural Park of Ses Salines. © Santjosep.net
- Explore the street art: from 23rd August to 8th September, the city of Ibiza will once again organise the International Festival of Proactive Art BLOOP, an original event that brings together street art, music and technology.
- Test your memory: every Friday this summer, the music from the 80s and 90s will become the star of the Children of the 80s party. A real blast from the past that is only a few minutes’ walk from Ibiza Sun Apartments.
- Visit the street market: apart from the stalls in the hippy street market of Playa d’en Bossa, every Saturday, the neighbouring village of Sant Jordi organises a fantastic flea market that is known for its local atmosphere and its diverse offering.Don't miss Sant Jordi's market for a real flea market experience. © Mercadillo de Sant Jordi
Another five plans to enjoy Ibiza in August
- Live the fiestas of Sant Agustí: if your stay at Ibiza Sun Apartments is during the last week of August, don’t forget to visit this small village on the western side of Ibiza and join the local fiestas on 28th August.
- Go green: every Sunday, the eco-friendly centre called La Casita Verde organises open-door days for visitors to discover their original constructions and homemade vegetarian food. Bullit de peix. © Ibiza.travel
- Discover Ibiza by kayak: over 200Km of coastline await for you to explore the island from the sea, following one of the many and diverse routes for kayaks.
- Try the bullit de peix: this typical Ibizan dish is a delicious fish stew served with arroz a banda (fish-based paella). Some of the most popular restaurants serving an excellent bullit de peix are Can Pujol, Port Balansat, Pou des Lleó and El Bigotes.
- Go to Sant Antoni for the fiestas: on 24th August, the village of Sant Antoni de Portmany celebrates its local fiestas with a day full of activities that ends with an amazing firework display at the bay.Sant Bartomeu festivities. © Visit.santantoni.net
Main picture: Bill Viola's exhibition at La Nave Salinas. © Victor Moreno "Vitorino"
Are you preparing your holidays to Ibiza? Check our offers and book your suite in playa d’en Bossa now. We’re looking forward to seeing you!