A wedding weekend in Ibiza
On our island, weddings are no longer a matter of a few hours, they now last an entire weekend. How did this happen? In the last few years, Ibiza has become a coveted wedding destination among the Europeans and bring with them guests who stay on the island for at least two nights. There are couples who decide not to bring their family and friends until the wedding day, whereas others prefer to organise activities and plans to keep the guests entertained on the eve and on the day after the big day.
Plans in Ibiza for the wedding eve
Most guests arrive in Ibiza the day before the wedding, usually on different flights. So here are a few proposals for that day:
- Welcome lunch on the beach: a fantastic plan to meet up with the first guests who’ve landed in Ibiza is to have lunch in the picturesque beach bar of El Bigotes (Cala Mastella), or the rustic Cuatro Latas (Cap Martinet) or in Nassau Beach, which is only a few minutes’ walk from Ibiza Sun Apartments.
- Afternoon shopping in La Marina: if you’d rather rest while the guests arrive, it’s a good idea to suggest that those who are already on the island spend an afternoon in the city of Ibiza to take a stroll in the old part of the city and visit the cathedral and then browse the boutiques in La Marina quarter.
- A boat trip: another fun plan to spend the day or afternoon with the first guests to arrive in Ibiza or with the best man and maid of honour. You can explore the coves and beaches along the western coast, go over to Es Vedrá islet or enjoy the sunset from the bay of San Antonio. If you fancy this idea and your guests will be staying at Ibiza Sun Apartments, contact us and we’ll help you hire the best boat trip for this special occasion.
- Explore Ibiza on a Vespa: if you’d like your guests to fall in love with Ibiza, you can organise a guided tour on old Vespas through the Ibizan countryside. Ask us!
- Afternoon in good company: another great plan to gather your guests on the island is to go all together to one of the spots where you can watch the famous sunset of Ibiza. Any suggestions? The beach bar in Cala Escondida, in Platges de Comte; Khumara’s, in Cala de Bou; or Café del Mar and Buddha Bar, in San Antonio.
- Welcome dinner: this is of course the most frequent plan for the wedding eve. The best thing to do is choose a pleasant restaurant with long tables that is also near the guests’ hotel and in an area with bars to have a drink after dinner. A few examples of restaurants that fit the bill near Ibiza Sun Apartments or in Ibiza’s harbour are Pummà Ibiza, La Cava Ibiza, Reart and Mumak.
Plans in Ibiza for the day after the wedding
The day after the wedding is usually quieter. After the wedding party, many guests want to rest in the hotel until their flight leaves or want to spend the day enjoying the sun and the beach. This is a good day to explore the prettiest beaches in Ibiza, like Ses Salines and Cala d´Hort; or enjoy traditional Ibizan food in some of the most popular restaurants among locals, like Can Pujol, Ca’s Pagès, s’Espartar or Port Balansat. It’s also a good day to practice water sports, like hiring a stand-up paddle or kayak. If you like this idea, you can go to Playa des Figueral beach, or if you’d rather go to a quieter beach with your scuba gear where there’s a good beach bar to eat, then you’ll love Cala Carbó.
More ideas for your wedding in Ibiza
Reading this post, you may have thought, “Plans for the guests? I’m still looking for our wedding venue!” In this case, read our previous post “Why not marry in Ibiza?” where you will find our suggestions to plan the best wedding. And if you’re looking for a modern hotel in Playa d’en Bossa for your guests, don’t hesitate in contacting us to check availability. We’ll be delighted to help make your wedding a truly special day.