Ibiza 2020: parties, clubs and openings
Several dates and parties have already been announced for 2020, the year when the iconic Cream Ibiza party will be celebrating its 25th anniversary. To celebrate it, they have already announced the return of Creamfields Ibiza to the island for a 3-day event in Ibiza Rocks Hotel, from 3rd to 5th June. But this isn’t the only piece of news announced by Ibiza Spotlight. The grapevine has also been buzzing with the dates for the opening and closing parties confirmed by Ushuaïa Ibiza and Hï Ibiza for 2020: 9th May and 10th October. In both cases, Odyssey will be coming back with its amazing 24h event.
We also know the date for Amnesia’s opening party planned for 9th May and they’ve confirmed that the elrow party will be back again to take over Saturdays. Other dates confirmed for the Ibiza 2020 season are: Defected Ibiza Festival (14th-18th May) that will take place in 5 iconic places, though these haven’t yet been announced, and Solomun +1 will be returning to Pachá on a regular basis. And if you’re interested in the International Music Summit, it will be held in Destino Ibiza from 20th to 22nd May, but the end party will still be held in Dalt Vila.
Parties in Ibiza are always evolving
Besides the opening parties, festivals and regular parties announced, there are other events that will leave their print on 2020. In fact the mixmag magazine has published a post titled 10 ways Ibiza will change in 2020, with interesting projects and trends, including:
- Early confirmation of event dates for the coming season to allow people to buy tickets earlier and plan in advance.
- Reinvention of admissions into clubs. Instead of paying an admission fee, clubs now charge for a drinks package.
- Strong focus on fusion reggaeton and British RAP.
- More Premium experiences rather than VIP bookings to make this distinction more accessible and friendlier, as it’s become so unpopular among most clubbers.
Ibiza 2020: sports, food and culture
Besides the electronic music scene, there are other dates set and news about the Ibiza 2020 season. Sports, cultural events, festivities and food events are already setting their dates on the calendar and making their way into people’s holidays in Ibiza. Some examples are:
- The Ibiza Marathon will once again take place at the start of the season, on 4th April. If you like to run, hurry to book a place. On this same day, the first 20K Ibiza race will also take place to add to other existing races on the island: Ibiza 12K and 21K + 21K Relay.
- The Mountain Bike Ibiza Tour (Vuelta a Ibiza en Mountain Bike) will be celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, so we expect a very special tour. Dates? 10th to 12th April.
- The cross-disciplinary music festival called Sueños de Libertad (Dreams of Freedom) comes back to Ibiza in 2020 after a gap year to celebrate its 5th anniversary. This time, it will fill Vila with its good vibes and great music on 19th and 20th June.
- This summer, Ibiza will be donning its first Michelin star thanks to Álvaro Sanz, the head chef at Es Tragón restaurant. He is the first to bring this recognition to the island. There’s no doubt that it will become one of the trendiest restaurants in Ibiza in 2020.
Book today your stay in Ibiza 2020
Our comfortable and modern suites on d’en Bossa Beach will be open to guests from 22nd April until 25th October, so you can start planning your trip and even book your suite in Ibiza. Also, you're still on time to grab our special early bird rate. You can get up to 20% off your stay and packages. And if it’s still Christmas when you read this post, book straight away to get 25% off and an extra gift with our festive offer. Get the engine running and... thumbs up to Ibiza this summer!
Main picture: Akash Kumar Nayak / Pixabay