Today we're chatting to... Dani, receptionist at Ibiza Sun Apartments.
- What do you think is the main talent required to work at the front desk?
Empathy and lots of patience, hahaha.
- What do you like about your job?
That it’s not at all monotonous. Something new happens every day. You never get bored.
- What’s the easiest part, the welcome or the farewell?
The farewell because it’s quicker than the check-in, they praise us and some people even tip us.
- What’s your favourite time of the day in Ibiza Sun Apartments?
When everything goes smoothly thanks to good team work and I see our guests smiling. I also love lunchtime, hahaha.
- What’s the strangest or funniest question you've been asked by guests at Ibiza Sun Apartments?
I’m always intrigued by people who ask for the rates in two years’ time!
- And the most extravagant request?
At Easter this year, there was a terrible storm in Ibiza and a Dutch guest asked me if I could get him a wetsuit because he was determined to swim in the sea. It was crazy with that storm! He eventually changed his mind (luckily).
- During your time in Ibiza, what have you noticed the most?
The natural environment, its crystal-clear waters and the diversity of the people here. Also the smell of the countryside, that smells of fennel, rosemary, thyme, fig trees...
- During your free time, you like to...
- What’s your favourite beach in Ibiza?
It’s hard to choose only one, but I do love Punta Galera.
- Choose one option:
- Cala d´Hort or Platges de Comte?: Platges de Comte.
- PACHA or Ushuaïa?: I barely go out clubbing these days, but I’d say Pacha.
- Ensaimada or flaó?: Flaó. I make a really good one, by the way.
- Paella or bullit de peix? And where? Bullit de peix at El Bigotes.
- Lively beach or secluded cove? Secluded cove best.
- Ibiza in the summer or in the winter? This is a hard question too. I enjoy Ibiza in the winter more and more, but I’d say the summer because there’s lots more to do.
- Your friends are visiting, which three places in Ibiza would you take them to?
Ses Salines, Es Vedrà and Dalt Vila.