Festes de la Terra
Ibiza Sun Apartments’ location, only a few minutes away by car or bus from the city of Ibiza makes it easier for our guests to visit the old town and join the celebrations of the Festes de la Terra. These fiestas are in fact two different traditional festivities rolled into one: those devoted to Santa María de las Nieves (August 5th) and San Ciriaco (August 8th), as well as the fiestas of Ses Figueretes district. This is why next August 15th, there will be many free shows and concerts, folk dances, typical food tastings and a firework display, among other activities.
The best of local fiestas in Ibiza
Out of all the events on the busy calendar of the Festes de la Terra 2019, we recommend:
- The wonderful firework display that is lit at midnight on August 8th at the end of the old Ibiza harbour.
- A free concert by Venezolan singer Carlos Baute on August 5th in the Reina Sofía Park at 10.30 p.m.
- Festivities on August 4th on Vara de Rey avenue from 6.30 p.m. onwards include a traditional cart parade, a handicraft exhibition and mass, as well as folk dances and a tasting of Ibizan products.
- Every year, Puig des Molines offers a popular tea, children’s workshops and a giant paella on August 8th.
- The free concert by the Ibizan folk band Ressonadors will be held on August 7th at 10 p.m., where you can listen to covers of the island’s traditional songs.
- The firework display will be lit on Passeig des Figueretes avenue at midnight on August 15th to end the day and the district fiestas.
- Ses Figueretes will be giving concerts on the evenings of 9th, 10th, 11th, 13th, 14th and 15th from 9.30 p.m.
For more information on these celebrations, don’t hesitate in asking our front desk staff. We’ll be happy to help you to make sure you can also enjoy Ibiza’s traditional fiestas.
Other traditional local fiestas in Ibiza in August
- 10th August: local fiestas of the small village of Sant Llorenç de Balàfia, in the north of the island.
- 15th August: the popular holiday area of Cala Llonga celebrates the day of the Assumption of Virgin Mary with different activities for all the family.
- 24th August: the other important fiestas in August take place in San Antonio, where they light an impressive firework display in honour of Sant Bartomeu (Saint Bartholomew) and offer concerts and folk dances.
- 28th August: local fiestas of the charming village of Sant Agustí des Vedrà.
Cover picture: © NC para Ibiza Sun Aparments
Are you preparing your holidays to Ibiza in August? Check our offers and book your suite in playa d’en Bossa now.
We’re looking forward to seeing you!