Ibiza on the big screen
The “Ibiza” Tour
Family holidays with teenagers is the theme of this French comedy where a conservative chiropodist travels to Ibiza with his partners’ kids. Ibiza’s southern coast, the islet of Es Vedrá, the parties of Ushuaïa, the lively streets of La Marina, Dalt Vila, Santa Eulària des Riu and the beach of Illetes, in Formentera, are some of the settings for this film that will soon be released. The cast of this film directed by Arnaud Lemort includes the famous French actor and actress Christian Clavier and Mathilde Seigner.
The “Loving Ibiza” Tour
The Dutch romantic comedy “Verliefd op Ibiza”, called “Loving Ibiza” in the international version, was a real hit in the Netherlands and in Belgium and revealed the beauty of Ibiza to over 700,000 spectators. The film dealt with the problems one encounters when you buy a house in Ibiza and its invaded by family and friends. In this case, the stars appeared on several beaches on the island, including Ses Salines, Platges de Comte, s’Estanyol and Cala Salada, as well as the streets in La Marina district, in Dalt Vila, and the cliffs of Cala d´Hort.
The “Amnesia” Tour
French director Barbet Schroeder filmed his second film in Ibiza in 2015, after his first film, “More” (1969). The most unspoilt and quietest Ibiza is home to this intimate story about a woman who escaped from the Nazis and is reflecting on her country of origin 50 years later. The cliffs on the western coast, the artisan market of San Antonio and Nonó cape are some of the settings spotted in this film where the beauty of Ibizan architecture also gains relevance.
Another interesting film facts in Ibiza
- Actress Angela Lansbury, best known for her role as Jessica Fletcher in “Murder, She Wrote”, starred in “The Shell Seekers” in 1989, based on the famous romantic novel by Rosamunde Pilcher who set a part of the book in Ibiza. The airport, the city of Ibiza and the area of Santa Agnès de Corona are some of the places shown in the film.
- The famous Spanish band Hombres G was filmed in Ibiza for the film “¡Sufre Mamón!” about the making of this band. Here we can see the old KU disco, Playa d’en Bossa and the city of Ibiza.
- German directors have also flown over to Ibiza to film on several occasions. In 2004 “Pura Vida Ibiza”, a comedy set in a holiday resort and that set up its cameras in Es Canar, Es Figueral, Sant Antoni, San Agustí, Sant Jordi and Ibiza, among other locations.
- In the 70s and 80s, Ibiza was also chosen for many erotic films, including “More Desires Within Young Girls”, “El escote”, “Femmes”, “Heißer Sex auf Ibiza” or “Heisses Pflaster Ibiza”, among others.
- In 2001, Sant Antonio and its surrounding area were home to the film “Is Harry on the boat?” based on the best seller bearing the same title written by the British writer Colin Butts in 1997.
- If you’d like to know how many horror films were filmed on the island and learn more interesting facts about films in Ibiza, visit the Ibiza Film Office website and learn more about film locations, films and news.
Rent a car and prepare your own film route in Ibiza
With our special Suite & Car package you can add the car rental to your stay including full coverage insurance and a parking space for only €22 a day. Widen your film route with other proposals that you’ll find on our blog section Ibiza by car.