What to do in Ibiza in October
October is the perfect month to enjoy a short break in Ibiza. The reasons are quite simple:
- In October, Ibiza’s beaches are far less crowded and the weather is still very pleasant.
- It’s not as hot during the day and it’s ideal for sports, like hiking or mountain bikes.
- You don’t need to book tables at the most popular restaurants days ahead.
- There are still lots of leisure options on offer.
- Most boutiques on the island are applying important discounts to their seasonal stock.
3 Plans in Ibiza for October
Besides the usual outdoor activities available in Ibiza in October (hiking, cycling, kayaking, paddle surf...), there are several events planned and we have chosen three very different proposals:
- The closing parties: For many clubbers, the best time to come to Ibiza is on the weekend when all the island’s nightclubs close their doors. This year, some of the closing dates that many electronic music fans have marked on their calendar are: Amnesia on Saturday 13th October; DC10 on 8th October and Ushuaïa on 6th October.
- Ibiza Light Festival: On 12th and 13th October, the city of Ibiza will host its third Ibiza Light Festival a cultural event that shows a new view of iconic places on the harbour and La Marina through lighting, video, sound and performance art.
- The Pou Ballads: In October, Ibiza offers several ballades de pou (well dances) giving us the chance to see this folkloric Ibizan dance. These are the places to go to: Pou d’en Gatzara (first Saturday in October, next to Santa Gertrudis), Pou d’en Nicolau (second Saturday in October, in Sant Rafel), Pou de Forada (second Sunday in October, next to Bar Can Tixedó) and Font d’en Xiquet (first Saturday after 15th October, in Es Cubells).
The best rates for your stay at Ibiza Sun Apartments
For October, we have prepared a very special offer: 10% discount on your stay by using the offer code OCTOBERSUN. Book right now and discover first-hand why the experts on the island think October is the perfect time to come to Ibiza.
Is this your first time at Ibiza Sun Apartments?
Check out our hotel with the 360º tour on our website and picture yourself enjoying your next holidays in Ibiza.